With temperatures in the low 49°F arriving in Santa Barbara along with family and friends for the holidays, here’s a to do list of ten important things to consider as a new or seasoned homeowner.
- Check your home’s water heater! Take a quick look to see if there is a leak in your tank. Nothing beats a warm bath or shower in your new home and this is a simple check-in.
- Deep Clean your home! When moving into a new home, it’s recommended to tidy up for your stay and your family and friends coming for the holidays.
- Stock up the Fridge! When Winter comes to SB, storms tag along too. If there is a power outage or roads are busy with clogged traffic, early grocery preparation for the holidays is important. Utilize a trip to the store and satisfy the feeling of being prepared!
- Review your home warranty! Household breakdowns, although extremely rare, are never out of consideration. A quick refresh of your home’s warranty is vital to being extra prepared on knowledge for anything.
- Alert Post office of your New Home’s Address! Very important when ordering online for gifts or receiving letters from loved ones! Just alert your local post office and other utilities.
- Extra copies of keys! Everybody misplaces keys and to save a little bit of your time and stress consider getting a new door hardware set for your home.
- Chimney sweep! Make sure to cleanup your chimney not just for Santa Claus, but also to guarantee no threat of a chimney fire!
- Store your garden hose away! Don’t risk a broken pipe with cold weather on the way and great method for maintaining a strong, durable hose for when spring comes along.
- Save Money on Energy with LED or CFL bulbs! Bulbs that last longer and are the solar panels of light bulbs…sign me up,
- Meet your neighbors! Building connections with people in your neighborhood is a great way to exchange stories and phone numbers for potential parties, gatherings, maybe even a holiday potluck!
Meet Arthur Kalayjian, Realtor
Arthur Kalayjian, second-generation Real Estate Agent, planted his roots in Santa Barbara after graduating from Westmont College in Montecito. Having a background in investing, Arthur values the importance of not only finding you the perfect property, but one that becomes an investment towards financial growth. Instilled through his education, Arthur has a strong, business mindset, that has transferred effortlessly into real estate. Arthur doesn’t want to solely sell you the perfect home; He wants to be your easily approachable, go-to partner for all of your real estate needs.